Chimp & See Talk

Chimps or gorillas?

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Looks like a group of three in ACP0000kzw ACP0000l03 ACP0000l06 (previews all terrible, sorry). Not much to see, and based on what else was found at SW (i.e. only the one chimp, but a number of gorillas), I would have said gorilla. But for just a second you can sort of see the body outline in the last video and it looks too slim for gorilla to me. The head seems a bit small too.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Really foggy view but I think you're right about the head being too small and it looks too flat for a gorilla. It looks like a chimp to me in ACP0000l06 when it turns at the last of the clip.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

i agree looks very slim, could be a chimp but its really hard to tell

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I'd say chimp because of the slimness, movement and the light face, but really hard.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I'd say chimp. Body proportions, plus compare the lighter face to the solid dark faces of the gorillas here: ACP0000f67 The distance isn't the same, but I don't think that's a factor here.

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

With five(ish) votes for and none against, I went ahead and tagged them chimp. If someone wants to tag ape (or something else) instead, feel free to remove mine. : )

Posted