Chimp & See Talk

New site "Green Snowflake" just started!!

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Hi all Chimp&See citizens,

The new site 16 - Green Snowflake has started!

At first we will try to find good images of the chimps and we will assign temporary names to these prospective chimps. Then, if we are absolutely sure that two of them are the same, we will do the match between two prospective chimps and we will choose a name for this identified/known chimp.

To try to get more people involved in chimp matching and give everyone involved a chance at naming a chimp, we are going to wait until the end of the site to name the infant chimpanzees!

So even if you aren't great at finding a match, participate in the discussion about chimp matching and you may be selected at the end to give a chimp a name as a BIG THANK YOU for your participation!

Looking forward to it!

Posted

• puddock by puddock

Oo - exciting!

Posted

• Batfan by Batfan

I'm looking forward to this. Suddenly it feels like I'm back at school again (in a good way, I mean)! I was beginning to feel reasonably confident about identifying most AV species but within the first five GS clips I've looked at, I've been faced with two monkey species that I don't recognise. Looks like there's another steep learning curve ahead! Exciting stuff!

Posted

• zoogirl1 by zoogirl1

New site! very exciting! Maybe some new animals?

Posted

I´m very excited too...finally a new site, new animals, new behaviours, new challenge!!

...and more elephants 😃

Posted

• KongKong by KongKong

I have only just started, and the only sites I've been watching are GS and AV

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Welcome @KongKong!
    Those are the active sites at the moment. Many we are done with and many are yet to come. Usually there's only one site active at the moment so you are lucky to start with two different ones. Have fun!

Posted

Welcome @KongKong!!! I'm sure you will enjoy it

Posted

• stargirlmoon by stargirlmoon in response to NuriaM's comment.

i saw a eliphnt baby!

Posted

• marshafs by marshafs

hi just started a few days go and I'm hooked. love the Colobus monkeys. Duikers to me are boring but there you go.

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

Hi and Welcome @marshafs !

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to marshafs's comment.

Hi @marshafs! Yay, another hooked one! Eventually you will come to even love the duikers. They can be so cute ;D

Posted