Chimp & See Talk

Another WHATT??

• bannd67 by bannd67

Only this one is worse cause I lost the video. Went to switch back to and hit wrong key. Anyway, this one had a large black image entering the heavy brush from an opening at a Restles Star site. It looked like the image had a high placed tail which was thick and dark grey. Walked like gorilla. Approximately gorilla height. Has anybody else seen this one and what the fritz is it???

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Sorry @bannd67, without the video it is really hard to say. You can look into your profile: https://www.chimpandsee.org/#/profile where you should find all classified videos. Maybe you could show it here again.

From what you describe, I would think that it might have been a yellow-backed duiker. Close to the camera and little moving, they might be mistaken for a big gorillla.

Posted

• bannd67 by bannd67

Thanks so much for your help. Video wasn't finished so probably lost it for good. Really bugs me, cause this was a really strange looking critter. It was almost like a gorilla carrying something really long on his back that looked like a gray tail. And I swear all I have been drinking is coffee.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I may be off in left field but did it look anything like a pangolin? They have very thick gray tails and look weird.

ACP000ef41 this is one at Aged Violet.

ACP0004jhm this guy is pretty large and look rather odd standing up.

enter image description here

Posted

• bannd67 by bannd67

I finally go to see a pangolin and whatever was in the lost video wasn't it. Wish there was a way to go back after you hit finish.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to bannd67's comment.

Hi @bannd67,

you cannot change your classification, but you can always bring your videos with comments and questions to Talk to discuss. Adding a hashtag with the correct species later at Talk is also of tremendous value for the science team. They will look at both, the classification results and species' hashtags.

And don't worry, we all make classification errors!

Posted