Chimp & See Talk

Possible match to MF7Male18?

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

found by @Boleyn

Adult male chimp with food in his mouth, crossing the pond. Looks quite young and lean. Wide face, rather flat. Big right, oval ear. Left one not visible. ACP0003lro and ACP0003lrp

enter image description here

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

#MF7Male18

Posted

found by @LJE

http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/subjects/ACP0004d3a

same thin, wide face...

MF7Male18
    one

MF7Male19
    one

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Looks like a good match on the first glance. I will look into that later.

But I have a question about the female who is traveling with him ( ACP0004d38 and ACP0004d39 ) - her upper back / neck looks very huge. Is that only the perspective or body movement or is that really different to what I have seen before? I looked into some other videos, but cannot see something like this. She is in principle quite lean and dark, and it looks rather strange to me.

Posted

Hm...@AnLand, I think you might be watching too many videos!! 😉

She is actually very robust for a female, we are used to seing them quite thinner. But I think what you mean is just the left shoulder...as you see the ground is sloping, and maybe that´s why you see a different perspective of her back.

I don´t know if I answered your question...

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Yes, I think you might be right about all points. I really should watch more duikers' videos 😉

I re-watched the videos yesterday evening and was not sure about that anymore. But it was late and I knew I somehow have been irritated when I watched the videos first so I did not delete the posting ... Nevermind & thanks for answering nevertheless!

Posted

you are doing a great job @AnLand...

thank you again!!! 😉

Posted