Chimp & See Talk

Chimp ID spreadsheet

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I'm just posting about some of the work I've done on the spreadsheet in the last week or so in case anyone wants to double check me, or follow up on what I've done.

(Side note: for those new to the project, I'm talking about the fabulous spreadsheet that the amazing @Quia set up, feel free to work on it!)

First, I went through and added actual timestamp information for all the videos in muddy frost (column J). The start videos are marked with the date and time, and the 15/30/45 second videos are marked "cont" for continued. The duplicates are marked "dupe". A number of start videos had no timestamp at all, and those are marked as such, and a few videos had stamps I couldn't read and are marked with question marks.

Second, as I was checking for timestamps, I went through and looked for any missing videos from each set of 4. For example, if the start video and the 15 second video were listed, I also checked the 30 second and 45 second videos as well. This netted about 40(!) more videos that were added to the sheet.

Third, I went through and checked that every video was either marked with the name of the chimp(s) in it, or had a note saying no traits were visible. Some are marked that traits are unclear -- to me they weren't worth posting to the forum, but perhaps someone else thinks the individuals could be ID'd. Notably, I did not check videos that already had a chimp with a name/temp name to see if there might be more individuals in that video that could be ID'd.

While I was working on the spreadsheet, I saw some other great edits as well -- great work! (I think in particular @AnLand has been doing a lot recently!)

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

so it was you... 😃

thanks, you did a great job!!!!

we all have been working a lot on that, and I agree with you, that it was a fantastic idea that @Quia had!!

just one question; those 30 second and 45 second videos that you found (those 40 videos) do they have chimps? or are they empty videos (no chimp)?

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

The 40 videos that I mentioned all contained chimps (though in some cases it was just a leg or an arm) -- there were many more that I looked at that did not contain chimps and were not added to the sheet.

Edit: since those 40 were all parts of known sequences, none of them contained new chimps. I tagged the ones that were parts of sequences with named chimps, and the rest were marked with no traits visible.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

amazing...thanks again!! 😃

Posted