Chimp & See Talk

Chimps traveling -- Maggie, Pearl and Flocke

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

An adult female carrying a small infant, a juvenile, and another adult female with a nice face shot and probably identifiable features. ACP0005a95 and ACP0005a96

Looks a bit older, small gray beard, straighter brows, falling to the sides, oval left ear, no damage, right ear not seen, quite flat on the head, not total bald, but very thin hair on the forehead, I think. Sexual traits better seen in second video.

enter image description here

Because it is cute with a full hair and small face, a picture of the infant:

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi Anland!
    we are going to call this second female CDFem02. Thanks a lot!

Posted

Hi all, don't you think that this CDFem02 could be CDFem01? Look their faces and their left eyebrow...

one
    CDFem01

one
    CDFem02

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I agree -- that upward slant in the left brow definitely looks the same, as does the beard, pale lips, and small nose.

Posted

I thought CDFem02 is not as bald as CDFem01. I see fine hair especially on the left side (that is not well seen in CDFem01). And the direct sunshine may pronouce the baldness in CDFem01 more. Face features look the same to me and both females have no gray back and legs.

Posted

So, we have our first Known female in 8 - Crimson Dew??
    Someone wants propose a name?
    Thanks!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I'd like to propose the name Maggie for CDFem01/02, if @AnLand agrees.

Posted

Yes, of course, I agree. Wonderful name! (I did not propose the match, so I kept out of the naming. And you found her as the first chimp in Crimson Dew!)

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I feel pretty confident that this is Maggie: ACP00054hk

The left eyebrow is the most obvious feature, but everything else about her matches too.

Posted

Is a little bit dark this video, but I also think that is Maggie. Thanks for the name!

Posted