Chimp & See Talk

Spreadsheet CD8 question

• Snorticus by Snorticus

http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000j/discussions/DCP00008ex I saw this discussion on the Quia set up spreadsheet and saw that @PauDG talked about the scientist column, which is of course very important.

Can we get some guidelines on who, how & what should be entered? I have done minimal work with it, so could someone talk about how you guys have been dealing with data there? Column B time and the Column L : the time stamp I understand, is the info for Column B coming from a different place?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hi @Snorticus,

You see in the spreadsheet two columns (H and I with a gray background). Here only the science team will post comments and (confirmed) IDs. The other columns can be filled by all participants.

Most important is the video ID in column A. With this identifier, some other columns (B, C, D) are auto-populated by @Quia with synchronization every once in a while.

Column B is not a time stamp. It is something like a counter. The first number is the upload date of one camera for one upload by the field team. The next is a minute counter (divided into the 15 second videos we see here at C&S). Every minute the camera is running is counted. Every full minute _0, _15, _30, _45 belong together, as you know. But the next minute can - in principle - be hours or days away. It is just the next time the camera is running. It does not mean that the scene is directly connected to the one before. For this you need the actual time stamp in column L. Column L must be filled by hand.

I hope this short explanation answers your questions. Thanks for getting involved!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to AnLand's comment.

Hi @AnLand,
    Thanks for that info. Also @PauDG asked for a response about the spreadsheet here:

http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP000090o

I guess each site has a different science moderator?

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all,
    thanks AnLand for the answer.

Yes, each site has a moderator, and also we don't have the spreadsheet since the beginning, so that is why we are thinking about the best way to used it.
    As the science team needs to check all the videos, is easier for us if we have different columns to put the comments, and also o put the names of the chimps. This way we can know if we have seen this video or not.

Thanks a lot for your help!!

Posted