Chimp & See Talk

Medium sized male -- Ralph?

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I wonder if this is Ralph: ACP00054hk and ACP00054hl

enter image description here

Small eyes, dark face with white beard, lightly curved brows, medium build.

Posted

@Snorticus found a set I believe also contains Ralph ( ACP0005ece and ACP0005ecf):

Medium build, lightly curved brows, distinct white corners of his mouth, small eyes.

edit: I changed my mind about this suggestion, but I'm leaving it up anyway.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi all!
    I feel more sure about the second one, ACP0005ecf. Can you see the clear spot to the left of his mouth?
    About the first proposal, I am not sure 100%, the video is very dark, sorry.
    But really great job you are doing in Crimson Dew, I am very impressed!

Posted

The reason why I changed my mind about the second suggestion is as I said over here: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP00009l2

I think the male from ACP0005ecf may match the first male from ACP00054u7, and I'm not sure I see a match from ACP00054u7 to Ralph. What do you think?

Posted

After much considering, I believe my first instinct was right. I think CDMale05a is a match to Ralph rather than to CDMale05. CDMale05 doesn't have as much white on the lips, and he's bigger.

Posted

Hi jwidness
    so, your bets are:

CDMale01=CDMale01a=CDMale05

CDMale04a=CDMale06

CDMale05a=Ralph

That is right? I need to think about that, but just to know your opinion before...
    Thanks!

Posted

Yes, I think CDMale01=CDMale01a=CDMale05, and I agree with @AnLand that he is also CDMale03 and CDMale07. They're very robust, bottom half of back is grey, big blocky head that's flatter on top, strip of balding down the center of the forehead, white beard that continues up and around the sides of the mouth (but the beard hair is fairly short and not so dramatically white), pale lips, moderately curved brows, face shape is fairly rectangular with a good bit of hair in the sideburn area, skin around the eye area is darker and the muzzle is somewhat lighter, but overall the facial skin has even tone, nostrils somewhat small and slanty.

Posted

I also think CDMale04a=CDMale06, but I will make a more detailed post on that because I think he's in a lot more videos.

And I also think CDMale05a=Ralph. He has a small head relative to the size of his body, small shoulders, and a short neck, his muzzle sticks out farther than CDMale05's, and his back is more rounded, plus the white around the mouth is more dramatic than on CDMale05.

Posted

I can see also the similitude, but we need to find the THING/FEATURE/CHARACTERISTIC that makes us be sure about that.
    Let's look for it!
    Thanks

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I would like to add that I am not convinced with the match of CDMale01. My matching proposals and reasonings are here at the weekend post: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP00009fm

But I will think about the males of course. For more than my take over there, I just need some more time.

Posted

Hi AnLand,
    but there you proposed a match between CDMale01 / CDMale04, right?
    I also need to think more in the males....

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @PauDG, please read the whole thread again (starting after your very first response).

I propose CDMale03 + CDMale05 + CDMale07 (the other remarks were only responses to @jwidness, not real matching proposals.) It is mainly the fourth and fifth post in this thread. Thank you!

Posted

I did it AnLand.

Anyway, I am going start a new thread to talk about the match proposed about the males.

Posted