Chimp & See Talk

Possible match to CDFem04?

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

What do you guys think about a match of CDFem04 (from ACP0004vbi)

enter image description here

to the second chimp in ACP00050c2

The quality isn't fabulous in the second video, but I see the same body size, bald spot in the center of the forehead, pale muzzle with darker eye area, "messy" body hair, long face, ears high on the head and stick out a bit, lightly curved brows. They even have the same facial expression 😃

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

I've been very tempted to say you yes, because they are really similar. But the second chimp is not close enough to be sure. Let's keep this in mind. Thanks a lot

Posted

What do you think about this female from ACP00058f6 as a match to CDFem04 and the female from ACP00050c2:

(found by @Eswiniarski and posted by @Mercury82 over here: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP0000alr)

Smaller body size, ears somewhat pale, high on the head and sticking out, lightly curved brows, bald spot right above the brows, pale muzzle, somewhat messy body hair, shoulders are high and rounded, slightly open mouth, not seen with any infants.

Posted

Hi jwidness,
    we are going to keep her for now as CDFem04b, as a proposal match with CDFem04, ok?
    because, yes they have similarities, but I still doubting... I find differences in their hair, probably because of the light, but I don't feel sure 100%..
    makes sense? Do you agree?
    Thanks!

Posted

@Mercury82 found a video that I think has CDFem04 in it: ACP00058e5

There isn't a great view of her face, but she has the right body size and hair color, her face is fairly pale, she has no infant, and the thing that first made me think it was her: her mouth is slightly open.

It's barely visible in the image, but in the video, when she turns to the side you can see her mouth slightly open. In all the videos above (of CDFem04, CDFem04a, and CDFem04b) her mouth is slightly open as she walks, and I have not seen any other chimps at Crimson Dew habitually leave their mouths slightly open.

I'll also point out that right now the only other females without offspring that we have are Maggie and Yeesha, and I think both of them have much darker faces.

Anyway, it's not an obvious match, but something to think about 😃

Posted

Hi all,
    the problem is that we can not see well the face , and in the video we have from CDFem04 we can not see the back...
    The only thing that makes me doubt is that we are not sure if there is only one "young" female or two, because I still having doubts about the match between female CDFem04 and CDFem04b, and CDFem04a is too far to be sure...
    But, if finally we decide that CDFem04 and CDFem04b are different that will change also this proposal...

I would prefer to wait and see if more video of this female/s appear. What do you think?

We can call her CDFem04c...

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi @PauDG,

could you explain briefly why do you think, she is a younger female and what that actually means? Maybe you could compare her to another female (not Esme, maybe) to make it a bit clearer. She does not look that young in my opinion (as CDFem04!) and the only reason to assume "youth" I can see is that she is not seen with a dependent infant/juvenile. I do not have a comparison here at Crimson Dew, but the young (probably nulliparous) females at Muddy Frost all looked - well young (dark, lean, more youthful face). Thanks!

Posted

Actually is just a personal impression, more based in the shaped of the body and in the way to walk. But better than young I wanted to say not old.
    It's why I've used "", because is not something formal or scientific, is just an impression that help me to do the matches. Hard to be sure without see the face

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

But you refering now more to the last video posted here (ACP00058e5), or? Because for CDFem04 we see clearly a face and I am referring more to her. She does not look so young in my impression, but I cannot find any marks or descriptions to make that clear for myself. And she is the reference here, as far as I understand, for all young females?

In ACP00058e5, I agree, the body looks younger - but we cannot see a face.

Posted

I was thinking more in the matches proposed to CDFem04, and specially in this one ACP00058e5. And is true that CDFem04 looks older than this one, but without a good view of the face is difficult...

Posted

I think this is her again in ACP00055ol, found by @ksigler

Posted

Hi all,

this video is very dark, but look this picture... I think I can see the same "scar" or mark above the left eyebrow. (You can click in the picture to see it bigger). Can you see it? What do you think?

one one

Posted

I do think it's CDFem04, but I'm not sure I see exactly what you're talking about 😕

To me, it looks like she's got a bit of a bald spot and perhaps a bit of a lumpy forehead, and that's causing a lighter spot. I also think the bald spot is mostly in the center of the brows, but the lighting in the photo makes it look more on the right (her left). Sorry 😕

Posted

I think that probably she has I little less hair above the left hair, that makes this little "mark", even when the light is very different in the two videos. I see differences in the mouth, but maybe she is eating something in the first video.
    Some more light here will help! 😉

Posted

Hi all,

@jwidness I am re-re-checking the list again, and finally I have added the last chimp in ACP00055ol as CDFem04.
    We need a name for her, and I think you was the first who proposed that match.

Do you want to propose a name?
    Thanks a lot!!!

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

She was female 4 for so long I thought I'd work with the number 4 as inspiration for a name. I'd like to propose Tessa, drawing on the Greek word for 4, tessera. : )

So happy to be looking back over crimson dew -- I have a special place in my heart for this site : )

Posted

I like it!! Is nice when the names have some meaning... Thanks a lot

Tessa, welcome to the known chimp list! 😉

Posted