Chimp & See Talk

Same party from front and back?

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

We've already discussed some of these clips, but I only just realized the time connection between them. We have a party of 6 chimps, seen from behind traveling away from the camera. Then, in the very next set off the same camera, a party of 6 chimps coming from the other direction an hour and three quarters later.

From the front around 10:30am:

ACP0004vbh, ACP0004vbi, ACP0004vbj, ACP0004vb9

Fry:

enter image description here

CDFem04:

Luigi:

Amy/River:

Esme:

From the back, less than 2 hours earlier:

ACP0004vb1, ACP0004vb2, ACP0004vb3

A big male that matches the description I gave for Luigi from behind (in http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP0000aoz):

A large female with grey back and large dorsal infant that I definitely think looks like Amy/River (and definitely doesn't match any other known/prospective females with infants):

Someone running (which I think Fry has a habit of doing, see ACP00050ac and ACP00058f7):

Esme:

And what I now believe is CDFem04 from behind. Not only does this seem to be the same party as later, it seems that in the spring of 2014 we potentially only have two "single females" -- CDFem04 and Yeesha -- and the body size/shape here look like CDFem04 to me, particularly the high rounded shoulders.

I'm really not sure how useful this information is since it's so circumstantial, but I thought I'd post it anyway. Maybe someone else will see something here that will make it more clear.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

Nice work!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

Hi @jwidness,
    the way of walk and move the shoulders also reminds me to CDFem04. Thanks!

Posted