Chimp & See Talk

One more -- same scene, different cams

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

Since @AnLand pointed out that there are two cams at nearly the same location, I checked the spreadsheet for more matching sets. Here is another one. Uphill cam: ACP00059s3 and ACP00059s4. Downhill cam: ACP0005d9l and ACP0005d9m. A female with what appears to be a small dorsal infant hanging off her rear, then Flocke, then Pearl. Any ideas on the female? Obviously not Pearl, infant too small to be Amy/River. That leaves Ollie, Gertrude, or an unknown female (I'm still thinking about that 5th big dark mom from http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000k/discussions/DCP0000bb7).

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This is really hard to see. My guess would be: Ollie. It's April 2014. We've seen the infant for sure the first time in October, more likely in August. She might carry it briefly on her back. As I said earlier, it looks to small to be Cali and the mom is darker than Gertrude. She looks quite robust, I admit, but with the infant more hanging on her lower back, the body build is actually not well seen.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Although I have to admit that the infant here ACP00059xj (might also be Ollie with baby) looks very small and it's only a month earlier. This is hard to estimate for me. Could they be the same infant - just per size comparison? And yes, we still have the fifth mom, I forgot.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Really hard to know who is this female, but by the size of the baby, and the shape/color of the female, or is Ollie, or the unknown female.
    If is Ollie, it would be the first time we see Chibi in the dorsal position, right?

Posted