Chimp & See Talk

Big nostril female and big head infant

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I found this clip (not the clearest) of a fem. chimp and infant that reminded me of AnLand's #DL11Female5 #DL11Infant4 in ACP0006knq that she is proposing matches for and I wonder if anyone else thinks there are similarities.

ACP00073c9 Fem. chimp balding, with nicked left ear, nostrils big and round I think, brow ridge fairly straight and protruding and it curves around the sides of her eyes, gray sides of beard, her belly is fairly big & round shaped.

The infant with big furry head, fluffy side burns, big ears that stick out, pale eyebrows with a dark part in the middle separating them, dark eye mask around close together eyes, the pink lower lip sticks out. The infant has a pale muzzle hands & feet.

Female and big head infant

Her left ear is nicked.
    left ear nicked

Infant has big head & ears stick out.
    enter image description here

Compare to #DL11Female5 #DL11Infant4 similar features as seen in ACP0006knq:
    Female with big nostrils

No great preview of infant's face, better seen in the clip.
    Infant with big head & big ears

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hi @Snorticus,

and what do you think about our beautiful female16? She has a nicked left ear too, a small vertical bald right in the middle forehead...

one one

do you think these three could be a match? I will put them together in the list of possible matches...for the moment they are going to be DL11Female19/DL11Infant17

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

I think this Fem chimp is not a match to Fem16.

The nostril shape is large & round not slanted like Fem16; the muzzle shapes are different - in Fem16 the muzzle slants below her nose then drops straight down; in this Fem the muzzle is more broad and flat.

The infant here has eyes close together on a face that's smaller on a big wooly head - Inf15 has a bigger face on a smaller head and lighter eye mask.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

itΒ΄s a reasonable argument...thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to NuriaM's comment.

I went back looking at Tyra clips and played this kind of fuzzy clip many times of DL11Fem19 and I think I was wrong. I think as you said this is Tyra. It still bugs me that DL11Inf17 has such a small face on that big wooly head but this clip ACP00073c9 is dated 5 months later (3-20-13 ) than the first clip ACP0006cfx of Tyra dated 10-27-12 so the infant's looks may be different. I agree with you that this is Tyra.

P.S. working with citizen-scientists is sometimes like herding cats, I imagine... πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

πŸ˜› noway!!

you are doing a great job, believe me πŸ˜ƒ

what do the others think about Tyra + Female19?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I support the matching to Tyra and Toby. As I already said elsewhere, she has the same nicked ear, straight brows, baldness pattern and an infant of the right age with a dark eye mask and pinker muzzle that is riding on her back like this. Yes, the infant's head looks very furry and big here, but nothing extraordinary, I think. The comparison of the two is maybe easier with the other video from Tyra and Toby ACP0006m8z.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

yes, I think you're right. I was also first not sure if those two really are Tyra and Toby but the longer I compare the better they fit.

@AnLand 's image and this one from Fem19 - they do look alike. And Toby does have quite fluffy hair

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I am absolutely confident about this match πŸ˜ƒ

Posted