Chimp & See Talk

Older lone juvenile

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Proposing a match between DL11Juv23 and DL11Juv12. Juveniles are hard to match as they're so similar but here is what I think:

ACP000732a DL11Juv23 Poor quality clip but s/he has pale slightly curved brows, dark eye mask that curves down around the round protruding pale muzzle, small knob of a nose with nostrils that angle up, pale large round ears that sit somewhat far back on the head, a pointed triangular tail tuft, fluffy side burns, slim legs, rounded belly with dark black fur.

DL11Juv23

DL11Juv23

ACP0006vao DL11Juv12 Is much better seen but I think s/he has similar features to those that I listed above for DLJuv23.

DLJuv12

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Hi, this is not easy and I am still not sure, what I am thinking. I just want to say that I noted for Juv12 as one trait the more even, lighter face coloration - in contrast to other juveniles here like Juv2 or Piki that have this dark eye mask. I am not sure whether I see this with Juv23 as s/he looks down and there is a shadow on the face. But it does not look that dark, I agree.

Juv12 looks a bit bigger, but here the camera angle might be responsible as Juv23 is directly under it. I will think about it.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Snorticus's comment.

Hmmm...not bad πŸ˜•

one one

I agree with @AnLand about the size, but I guess too that itΒ΄s an angle issue. Face pigmentation looks similar too. Their left inner arm hair direcrtion would fit too (althought this is usually no conclusive trait for my taste).

I think we should be devoting some time to these two guys πŸ˜ƒ

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

All I want for Christmas is some higher-def chimp clips. 😦 The brow on Juv23 I think, (though I had attributed it to low def. pixel issues and camera angle) doesn't match the dip in the middle that is seen on Juv12, sigh...

Posted

really? look at the sec.6 in Juv23 video...I get no nice shots of it, but I think there is a dip too πŸ˜•

All I want for Christmas is a match!! πŸ˜„

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Lol, NuriaM!

Posted

8D

Posted