Chimp & See Talk

Juv5 = Juv15

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I was re-watching ACP00072fh when it hit me all of a sudden that Juv15 (in that video) is Juv5 (from ACP00064o1).

enter image description here

To me they both have sort of an odd look to their face that I don't see in any of the other dry lake juveniles. Long, somewhat triangular face, fairly dark all over, flat-ish muzzle and lightly curved brows. Small nose, thin lips, small eyes, touch of baldness right above the brows. Seem to be male.

I'm sure they're a match, but I think we know the rest of the family ; ). Hopefully I'm not out of turn bringing this up here, but I agree that this juvenile belongs to Ilsa -- in fact, I think the mysterious Female7 (seen with Juv15) is Ilsa! (Bohe is surely one of the little ones bouncing around in back.) She's large, with a grey mottled look to her face.

I guess while I'm on the topic of Ilsa's family, I'll add my two cents -- I can definitely move this to the suggested matches thread instead if that's a better place though. I completely agree that Ilsa and Bohe are in ACP00074a0, ACP00074a2, and ACP00074ac, ACP00074ad, ACP00074ae, ACP00074af, and ACP00074ak, but I don't think Juv19 is a match to Juv5/Juv15. (As I said before, I think Juv19 and the juvenile in ACP00074a0 belong to Jean, who passes by in ACP000749w.) I still think ACP000728k is Ilsa/Bohe, and I also think the first female in ACP00064oq is her too. I would tentatively agree that the large juvenile in ACP0006rax is hers, but that's really based on size and context rather than unique features. I hope I didn't miss any videos that were proposed as matches to her, but let me know if I did. : )

Edit: upon double-checking, I realized there were two more night sequences proposed by AnLand -- sorry, they didn't have temp IDs and I didn't see them.

I agree with ACP00072bh and ACP00072bj as Ilsa's family, although again, the juvenile is based mostly on size and context.

I would also agree with ACP0007a7s, ACP0007a7t, ACP0007a7u, ACP0007a7v. The face on the juvenile is not super clear, but looks the same to me.

And I have one more b/w video to add: ACP0007078. The juvenile isn't with them, but looks like Ilsa/Bohe to me.

2nd edit: triple-checking and found one other video proposed by AnLand -- ACP00077sf. Here I could go either way. It's not that I think they don't look like Ilsa's family, I just don't feel sure at this point. Maybe mom's lower back is too dark? I don't know ๐Ÿ˜•

3rd edit: really just so I don't forget about it later, I also think they're in ACP00072d0 (making the third time we see this family on this cam in one week, with no other videos of other chimps on this cam in between).

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to jwidness's comment.

I agree with you that these two juvs. look certainly the same; you are right about their faces, and I see a small white spot on their left shoulder in

one

and in ACP00064o1 sec.7.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

As for Ilsa and Bohe, I agree that some of the videos proposed are very likely to be them too, but I would suggest that we discuss it in the `suggestions...ยด post (they are coming next ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ).

Posted