Chimp & See Talk

Elphi(DBFem06&DBInf06)--Infant shoulder rider

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0007gxv Eswiniarski noticed an Infant riding the Fem shoulders. Here is another Infant more clearly seen riding in the same way in ACP0007s48. I haven't seen this style of riding until now - pretty distinctive unless this is a "fad" in DawnBird.

ACP0007gxv A bit far but can be seen better in the clip.

shoulder infant

ACP0007s48 This one is a better view. Fem has gray lower back & legs but it seems several fems may have grey legs here. They move too quickly for a good view but maybe we will see this "shoulder riding Infant" and Fem better in another clip.

shoulder riding infant

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

this little one knows how to get the best out of it - like we did as kids 😄

Posted

I think we can see the "shoulder-rider" again in this video, @AnLand found ACP0007v8y

No good still shots, it's the female in the back with the same grey back.

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0007gx6 Another clip with a shoulder riding infant and female. They go fast so position and small size of infant all I can really see. Female may have light legs and a flat face and be bald.

shoulder riding infant

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

ohhh that is so cool!!!! I have never seen it before.

I think the infant is really small and normally when they are than small they go on the belly.

The infant in ACP0007gxv and ACP0007s48 seems ride more the fem shoulders. The one in ACP0007gx6 is more down, but the infant still very small and the shape of the mom is pretty similar, same big belly and same grey patron...

I am going to add them separately for now, until we decide.

The first video has not good images... 😕

Posted

@Anland you may delete your last post. I opened up a new thread and quoted you there! Thanks a lot!! 😃

Posted

Hello!
    Did i miss something?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@Boleyn posted her shoulder-riding infant first here and as I mentioned that it seems to be a different one, she opened a new thread and I deleted my comment. All good.

Posted

Great, thanks a lot AnLand!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

For the record, I agree that DBFem06 & DBInf06 is the same as DBFem06b & DBInf06b. 😃

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP0007h9s @yazee and @Dana23 found this female with light grey back and legs and a small infant briefly riding in a similar style at the beginning of this clip.

The female's legs are so thin that I'm not really sure if she is a match to DBFem06 & DBInf06 or to DBFem06b & DBInf06b and not much of her face is seen. The infant is about the right size though and has the big pink ears and pink feet.

enter image description here

Posted

Thanks a lot @ksigler and @Snorticus.

I find this female ACP0007h9s more slim than fem06 and fem06, who are more round... don't you think?

Fem06 ACP0007s48

one

Fem06b ACP0007gx6
    one

Posted

Maybe we can do the match already between Fem06 and Fem06b and then we can continue talking about this fem ACP0007h9s.

@Snorticus, I think you were the first proposing this match, do you want to choose a name??

Thanks all! 😉

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

Can the next person on your list do the name? Thank you!

Posted

ok, thanks @Snorticus

I am going to check who could name this chimp.

Thanks!

Posted

Hello @jurassicworld!

Do you want to name this awesome female (Fem06 /Fem06b)??
    I am going to send you also a message. 😉

Thanks all!

Posted

Hello all!
    I wrote here to @jurassicworld and also by private message, but I don't know if (s)he has read it. Has anyone talked with her/him recently?

Thanks!
    Paula

Posted

Yes, there was actually a lot of communication with @jurassicworld lately on various discussion boards. Maybe you could try one more time?

Posted

I'll do that, thanks AnLand!

Posted

@jurassicworld doesn't want.

@tina_pixie_, do you want to name this chimp?

Thanks

Posted

tina_pixie_ seems to be offline since a while... hope you come back soon. We will find another match that you could name.

@hoothoot, you have been helping a lot with the ID in Dawn Bird, would you like to name this chimp? Would be a pleasure for us, and this female is looking forward to have a great name!

We wait for your name proposal 😉

Thanks a lot!

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

I would like to name this female Elphi - short and cute for "Elephant" as her infant enjoys riding on mum like a mahout would on his elephant. 😄

Posted

Haha, Elphi is great!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to hoothoot's comment.

great!! I like it

thanks a lot @hoothoot

Posted

LOL, what an apt name, @hoothoot! 😄

Posted