Chimp & See Talk

DBFem07&DBInf07--Another shoulder-riding infant and his mom

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Videos ACP00081j3 and ACP00081j5 show this adorable little infant riding like a frog as @Snorticus pointed out.

I do have the impression there is something wrong with this infant. The head/body ratio does not seem to fit. I think the head and the ears look too large for this thin body and especially for these thin legs. But maybe it's just the awkward position? In the meantime I learned from @AnLand that this is quite normal 😃 Other than that it has big round bright ears and a bright muzzle. A little darker around the eyes.

Quote by @AnLand: I think, the quite big baldness of the infant is interesting (if not a family trait). We did see this e.g. with the Quiet Wood, but not in the Dry Lake kids.

In my opinion this infants looks much like the shoulder-rider infant in ACP0007gx6 but less than the one in ACP0007s48. This one seems to be much more confident in riding. see thread DBFem06&DBInf06--Infant shoulder rider

enter image description here

The best shot of the female shows her with a pigmented face with a long, protruded muzzle. The left ear seems to have a deformation, thicker at the ridge and I cannot see if there is a bow at all. She's got a gray forehead way back until to the earline, a grey lower back, grey shoulders and sides. The legs are grayish but darker than the other grey parts.

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Hi!!

This infant looks a little bit bigger, but is true that in the other videos they past very quick...

I am going to add this fem+inf as DBFem07+Inf, so will be easier to talk about them.

Thanks a lot!

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This infant in ACP0007hay has quite some midline baldness above the brows and mom's appearance also fits. Not many details seen. Video found by @ksigler.

Posted

Hi all!

I would say that this two are DBFem01 & DBInf01, the infant look very similar and the gray patron of the mom is the same.
    Is also the same camera site...

one
    one

What do you think?

I am not so sure about DBFem07 & inf... the infant looks different

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I agree. I did not see the balding in the DBInf01 before. @Boleyn already posted DBFem07 in the DBFem01 thread, so they might be worth to look into them. Not much is seen from the female, but the traits that are seen fit. It also means that ACP000873q is falsely proposed for DBFem01 - her kid has a very round (not just wide) face and no balding.

(I will post the same here and over there: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000p/discussions/DCP0000qii)

Posted

Hi!!

why Fem01b could not be Fem01??

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

I think this might be the same pair as DBFem07 & DBInf07 (first post in this thread) : ACP0008492 | ACP0008494 | ACP0008495 | ACP0008496

The stills aren't great, but I think I see the same lean mother with darker limbs and lighter gray hair on a square back that creates the appearance of a sharp angle along her side, balding head, and a lighter speckled face. The infant has a large head, but very skinny legs, pointy rump, and the hair on the back is noticeably sparse along both shoulder blades.

mother & infant

mother

Posted

Hi @ksigler,

mmm, yes, they are really similar. But now that I see this little chimp walking, it seems that can not walk properly, something is happening with his/her right foot, don't you think?

And something similar is happening to DBInf08 (Bora's infant), and also the females look very similar...
    DBInf08 Tag Group

What do you think? :

-Could they ( ACP0008492 | ACP0008494 | ACP0008495 | ACP0008496) be Bora&inf?

-And could also DBFem07&DBInf07 be Bora&Inf?

Thanks a lot!!

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

It's very well possible that these two in videos ACP0008492 | ACP0008494 | ACP0008495 | ACP0008496 are Bora and her infant. The limping of the little one is the same as with Boras' infant. Also built and body/head-ratio fit. But even more convincing I think are the two lighter spots on the infants shoulders.

Bora's infant:

Infant in ACP0008492 There's no good stillshot but you can clearly see it in the video.

In my first post here I've written that something about this infant seemed to be peculiar. That it has thin limbs and a big head. So yes, DBFem07 and her infant could well be Bora and infant as well. The gray pattern does always look the same.

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I could go with both sequences (new one & Fem/Inf07) being Bora & infant. My only hesitation is that Bora's face looks a lot darker, but distance + lighting might be the cause, I suppose. Otherwise, her back coloration, and the infant's body size & shape are convincing. And, thanks @Boleyn for that still of her infant's shoulder blades. Definitely looks the same to me, as well!

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Thanks Boleyn!

Do the others agree?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

For the moment I could agree with @ksigler's sequence ACP0008492 | ACP0008494 | ACP0008495 | ACP0008496 being Bora. The infant is one issue, but I also see Bora's quite special, big, bald forehead. I do not really see that in DBFem07. I have my doubts about her.

Posted

Hello
    I am going to add ACP0008492 | ACP0008494 | ACP0008495 | ACP0008496 as Bora, and add a comment in Fem07 about the potential match with Bora, but we can look more this match.

Thanks all!!!

Posted