Chimp & See Talk

Luise - Female adult with "Italian" face chewing on a palm leaf

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Since this chimp here has such a unique face, offering frontal and profile views I would like to get him/her a temporary ID.
    To me it looks like a female but I'm not entirely sure. At least I can't see dangling.

She has a seemingly narrow face with a dark protruding muzzle, slightly brighter on the cheeks/under the eyes. Protruding, only slightly curved brows. On the right one is a little whitish knob. Bushy black sideburns and the face looks like it had a designer stubble hence my impression as an Italian look 😃 Both ears are present and rounded with no obvious deformation. Smaller, V-shaped nostrils.The most distinctive trait is a square shaped bald spot on h/er forehead. Thinner hair on the inside of the arms.

enter image description here

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Might this be part of the sequence? ACP000auje - if yes, female. (This might be the start of your sequence: ACP000auch.)

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Thanks @AnLand yes this is the start of the sequence:

02/28/13 08.02 ACP000auje ACP000aujf nothing seen in ACP000aujg returns at ACP000aujh

02/28/13 08.06 ACP000auch ACP000auck ACP000aucn ACP000aucp

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Great! And what a pretty (young) lady! As you guys mentioned I agree these are all the same sequence. Let's give her a prospective name of CFFem01 ! 😃

Posted

PHENOMENAL description by the way, @Boleyn !!!

Posted

Obviously she likes to hang out at this particular place. There's another video of her at the same place but not the same date.
    The light is a bit brighter but I'm sure it's CFFem01 (found by @Henrik87 refound by @Dana23)

02/16/2013 17.09 ACP000aucg

Posted

Hmmm... intriguing! What convinces you it's a match @Boleyn ? I grabbed some comparison shots:

one one

one one

Posted

Thanks for that overview @northernlimitptv Looking at it it's just about everything about her that suggests a match: the shape of the face, the coloring, the protruding whitish brows, the deep eyes, the fulffy sideburns, the balding spot on her forehead a little more to the right, her Italian stubble I think she looks rather unique. 😄

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to Boleyn's comment.

ACP000auje I would add that she has great cheekbones! and one or possibly two white spots at the base of her left thumb.

ACP000aucp Also seen here.

ACP000aucg She also has a small cut on the inside ridge of her right ear but it's not always visible.

Posted

LOL @Snorticus very nice cheekbones indeed! Thank you for input. very well spotted!

She also has a little deformation at the outer ridge of her right ear. It's a bit harder to see in the first video but definitely there and very well seen in the new video.

Posted

I'm convinced @Boleyn ! Just wanted to hear a few characteristics to tie it down 😄 What should we call CFFem01 ?

Posted

Thank you @northernlimitptv for the opportunity, very much appreciated!

It's not that I do not like this lovely chimp lady but I just had the fun and honour to recently name three chimps.

So if you don't mind, I would like to pass the naming right to one of our diligent classifying volunteers who has not yet named a chimp. Without them I would never have found the last video ACP000aucg. Now @Dana23 could just name a chimp at dawnbird therefore I'd like @Henrik87 to name her. If he's still around 😃 ok? Thanks!!

Posted

• Henrik87 by Henrik87

Yeah, i'm still around, and feel really honored. I will discuss an appropriate name with my daughter who helps me checking the videos with much enthusiasm. Thanks a lot folks 😃

Posted

Hi @Henrik87,

please check this list of names already taken: http://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000i/discussions/DCP00001dp

No name can be used twice. A(n obvious) variation is possible. Thanks!

Posted

• Henrik87 by Henrik87

So after a good week of discussion we would like to name her #Luise

I haven't seen the name in the list so far and i hope it's adequate for all of you.
    Are there any formalitys i have to do further to name her oficially?

Cheers Henrik

Posted

Luise it is, great name! No more formalities... I'll take care of the rest 😄

Posted

Good things take some time @Henrik87 and this is a very good name for that special ladychimp! I like it, thanks!

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus

I was just wondering if she had a name yet - Luise is very nice!

Posted

• ksigler by ksigler moderator

Ahh, that's awesome! My great-grandmother's name is Louise (close enough), and this matching discussion started on her 94th birthday! Thanks, @Boleyn & @Henrik87 for working that out. lol 😉

Posted

This young female reminds me a lot of Luise: general body build and swelling, long and fluffy fur, light face coloration, oval ears, flat, but broad nostrils, slightly rounded brows, general movement

ACP000bcr9, ACP000bcra, ACP000bcrb, ACP000bcrc

Posted

Twenty minutes later, a young female is climbing down that tree. ACP000bc8m That might be her again (body build and swelling fits).

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Oh yes @AnLand I think you found her again. Although the light is very different from the first videos. The face and escpecially the nose and brows are very similar. Unfortunately we cannot see her left hand with the white spot @Sorticus pointed out but still I'm sure it's our Italian girl 😃

Posted

Yep! I think so too 😄 Will update it all now!

Posted