Chimp & See Talk

Paired cameras -- one on either side of a tree

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I found a set of paired cameras that were place on either side of the same tree. As an example, this is a set from one side of the tree: ACP000b6of, ACP000b6og, ACP000b6oh, ACP000b6oi, and this is the matching set from the other side: ACP000bala, ACP000bale, ACP000bali, ACP000ball. (These happen to be Porter, I'll cross post the numbers to his thread.) ACP000b6of starts a few seconds earlier than ACP000bala -- you can see the light from the second camera come on around :03 of ACP000b6of.

A fun trick is to bring up matching videos side by side and hit play on the second one when you see the light come on in the first one. 😉

enter image description here

enter image description here

Posted

• Snorticus by Snorticus in response to jwidness's comment.

I just saw you posted this and that is really interesting - something I would love to browse around in for other double-sided chimp views. I have to say with 3 sites running simultaneously I sometimes wish there were 10 more of me so I could keep up with all the chimps and everyone's many daily discoveries and posts! I really feel for the scientists trying to keep up with all this data and opinion and new stuff that piles up every day. 😕

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

On the point @Snorticus. Too many chimps - too little time! 😛

Posted

• MimiA by MimiA scientist, moderator

HA! That is so cool 😃

Thanks for the empathy too 😃 but I think the science team is so lucky to have YOU guys helping US!

Posted