Chimp & See Talk

Neakta - Super skinny chimp with grey legs and totally bald head

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

I noticed a chimp in even worse shape than Henry in a video series found by @grok00. She (or maybe he?) is seen in ACP000ba7r and ACP000ba7u, and is almost certainly the chimp in the next set starting a minute later (also found by @grok00): ACP000ba6i, ACP000ba6k, ACP000ba6m, ACP000ba6n.

enter image description here

Out of the official list, I spotted her again in ACP000ba8w and ACP000ba8x.

Description: extremely skinny (basically no body fat at all), completely bald on top of the head, grey lower back and legs, dark face, fairly curvy brows.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

oh my goodness! She seems to be starving to death, poor thing 😦
    There's no doubt that's her in both scenes, I haven't seen any other chimp in such a bad condition with the same traits.

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

I agree completely @jwidness , I don't think there's any doubt here that this is the same female (we can see a non-swollen swelling in ACP000ba7r)! That balding pattern on the head is quite unique... she's got quite a lot of hair still remaining at the base of the back of her head, but almost nothing on top. She appears to be quite old... I wouldn't necessarily assume she's starving, but rather seems to have quite a lot of trouble keeping weight on (as many older folks tend to as well). It certainly is alarming at how thin she is....

So, what shall we call her? 😄

Posted

You can count me out from all chimp naming until further notice.

Posted

Ok, noted @jwidness ! Since @hoothoot 's been pretty active in many Cold Fire discussions, I'd like to nominate them to take over the naming! @hoothoot do you have a good name for our older lady here? 😄

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

@Dana23 posted three pictures (I will ask her to post the video IDs) of the chimp, we know call the skinny Henry. With that picture, I am actually not so sure anymore that this here is a different chimp. The basic traits are the same and this is one of the earlier videos - before the long feeding scenes, so that chimp might be in worse form.

Posted

• hoothoot by hoothoot

Thank you, @northernlimitptv, for the nomination, I have to say I feel quite flattered !

I would like to propose the name Neakta.

Neak ta are Cambodian land guardian spirits, sometimes refered to as "the old one of the country". As this lady here appears quite old, I reckon the name fits 😃

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

nice idea, @hoothoot and a very good name for this grandmother, I think 😃

Posted

• jwidness by jwidness moderator in response to hoothoot's comment.

Excellent choice : )

Posted

Great name, @hoothoot ! Updating now...

As for your comments @AnLand , I agree, there is a stark likeness to some of the skinny Henry videos. What I've noticed, so far, that in some of the skinny Henry videos there's still quite a bit of hair on the top of the head, whereas our lady friend here is quite bald! However in other clips, like the picture you posted, there appears to be very little, and I could imagine a situation where they are the same chimp. This leads me to believe that we still have two different chimps, but it is unfortunately possible that some skinny Henry videos are actually Neakta videos, and that these two skinny individuals might be tough to tell apart.

What are other's thoughts on this situation? I think for now, it's safer to go ahead and formally name Neakta, and keep an eye on the Skinny Henry videos. Hopefully we'll have a Eureka moment soon where everything will suddenly become apparent!

Posted

The biggest difference for me is that Neakta has a very grey back and grey legs, while skinny Henry is dark all over.

ACP000b6k3 and ACP000b6k4 (Unclear03b/skinny Henry), dark legs and back:

ACP000b3kv (skinny Henry), dark legs and back:

ACP000ba6i (Neakta), very grey back and legs:

ACP000ba8w (Neakta), grey leg visible next to dark arm:

Posted

There it is, @jwidness ! You found the obvious Eureka moment we needed 😄

Posted