Chimp & See Talk

Selyan - Male missing left ear

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

@Snorticus pointed out a chimp missing a left ear in ACP000bd79, ACP000bd4k, ACP000bd4l, ACP000bd4m, ACP000bd4n, and I think I may have spotted a match.

From the set above:

enter image description here

Potential match in ACP000b03c and ACP000b03d, tagged by @Orohena.

He's slimmer build, lots of balding, white spot in the middle of the lips, missing almost all of the left ear.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

This is all him: ACP000bco5, ACP000bco6, ACP000bco7, ACP000bco8, ACP000bctl, ACP000bctn, ACP000bctp, ACP000bctr with some better views. I thought we already discussed him. Hm.

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

I agree on this match! The ear still appears to be there... at least some bits of cartilage at the bottom. Certainly not much left to it though! His bald spot on the forehead is pretty unique and makes me LOL a bit. Pretty adorable.

Since @jwidness has opted out of naming chimps at Cold Fire, @AnLand he's yours to name as the only other person in the thread! Otherwise I can pass it on to one of our new comers who has been helping out at Cold Fire. Let me know! 😄

Posted

So, @AnLand also sits this naming out ... I therefore propose @Orohena for the name, since they first tagged the matched videos, and have been a big help with tagging Cold Fire chimps!

@Orohena , what should we name our one-eared friend?

Posted

• Orohena by Orohena

Hi ! Thank you for this.
    Then I propose you Selyan.

(sorry for the delay !)

Posted

Great, @Orohena ! Selyan it is then 😄

Posted

Here he is again: ACP000bb5k, ACP000bb5l, ACP000bb5m, and from the other side ACP000b79r, ACP000b79t, ACP000b79v. Variously tagged by @Dana23 @ARD1999 @Henrik87 and @lauraklynn

Posted

Pretty sure this is him too: ACP000b2yl

Posted

Updated! Thanks @jwidness and all taggers! 😄

Posted