Chimp & See Talk

CFFem07 - Large cycling female, no infant

• jwidness by jwidness moderator

This female struck me as somewhat unusual in that she's quite large (larger than I would expect for a nulliparous female -- compare, for example, Luise), she's clearly cycling, and yet she doesn't appear to have any offspring. Dark hair, curvy brows, head looks a bit domed with quite a lot of balding, no obvious injuries.

ACP000b9fa

enter image description here

ACP000b8ya

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Why do you think that she has not an offspring? The vocalization in the background shows that there are other chimps around. Maybe she has an older infant or even juvenile that climbs down/up later.

She is really quite robust, but e.g. CFFem03 also has a big swelling, but a different body build. (And a different face, of course).

To determine later naming: videos for the above from @jwidness found by: @Henrik87 and @StarwatcherHB.

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

She could also have lost a child. Would not astonish me here with all the skinny chimps and injuries.

Or she might be pregnant. Lot's of possibilities.

Posted

• northernlimitptv by northernlimitptv scientist, moderator

Hmmm... I could have sworn I had commented on this a LONG time ago! 😦 Nice find @jwidness ! Since the videos are from the same day let's not call it a match yet, but assign a temporary ID... CFFem07 !

Posted