Chimp & See Talk

51. ACP000b7cm

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

Do we have a new guy here? I was thinking of CFMale09, but the muzzle looks a bit different (or maybe the angle?). Nostrils, ears, body built seem to agree 😕

left ACP000b7cm , right CFMale09 in ACP000b9hq :

enter image description here

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

CFMale09 has a gray back that I cannot see here. I also think that he has food in his mouth, that's why it is more rounded. I am not entirely sure here, but he looks like Tiamo with a closed muzzle ... If you compare him to this longer scene on August 24, 2012, I can see quite a lot similarity (also stiff fingers, ears, balding). This would be the first color footage of him - so hard to compare.

Posted

ACP000bahy - same from second camera. as one can also guess from the other video: the left hand is held up for walking. But that should be Matteo. I remember that Jane said somewhere that Matteo left seconds before this other guy, right?

Then ACP000bahu should be Matteo and ACP000bahy our guy, but ACP000bahy is more consistent with Matteo, right?

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

ACP000bahy should be the pair camera to ACP000b7cm but I see no left hand issue in any of both videos 😕

So I don´t think this guy is Matteo. As for Tiamo, I´m not sure...I think Tiamo´s face shape looks different, a bit longer, his nostrils more vertical:

left Tiamo in ACP000b3jw , right ACP000b7cm :

Let´s call him CFMale13 for the moment.

Posted

• Buzharevski by Buzharevski scientist, moderator

I think this as different chimp than CFMale09. The ears on the new guy are slightly higher that what I noticed for CFMale09.

Posted

I think CFMale13 (so #46 & #51) might be Elvis. The pronounced, rounded, and uneven brows agree, the broad nostrils, the right ear with the middle bridge. He has a quite small face due to the low brows (which, yes, rules Tiamo out). No visible injuries. Best butt view is unfortunately only this in ACP000b3au - but looks the same.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

hm, not sure:

two left pics Elvis in ACP000b33o / ACP000b33q , right Male13 in ACP000b7cm :

I know the light is visibly different, but nevertheless, I find Elvis´s eyes more slanted, Male13´s rounder. Also, Male13´s baldpatch is not that prominent 😕

any more thoughts?

Posted