Chimp & See Talk

Infant with "e" shaped ear

• Snorticus by Snorticus

ACP000epyu and ACP000epyw tagged by charly03 The infant that crosses in the foreground has an oddly shaped ear that is also quite large. It is shaped like an "e". Very distinctive trait. Unclear if the infant is with the female and infant on the left of the frame.

ACP000epyu

enter image description here

ACP000epyu

enter image description here

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Thanks @Snorticus!

Maybe the mom was before, in the previous video.

I don't have in mind this ear, but we should check the infants we have in the list to look for this ear. To me is a quite normal ear, whit a marked "fold", and looks to be near to the head.

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Mhm ... this ear is really a big one 😃 But I just scrolled through our list ... and maybe you want to give AVJuv02 ACP000fw71 a look. This little guy has also very big ears, and it looks like there is also a fold in the left ear. What do you think? The clips are 1 month apart ... but the age could fit? (But maybe juvs are looking really to similar to say)

Posted

Hi Luca, I agree, juveniles are very complicated.
    But I find AVJuv02 bigger, look these two pictures to compare.
    I would say that the one from ACP000epyu is an infant, and AVJuv02 is a juvenile,

AVJuv02
    one

The one from ACP000epyu
    one

Posted

• luca-chimp by luca-chimp

Yes you are right. I was so "ear-fixed" , that I didnt took care of the body shapes. The little one with the big-e-ear is much more grazil than the other. 😃

Posted

😉

Posted