Chimp & See Talk

Ussuri--Match proposal for juvenile

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

She might got lost in our long and complicated Fianna (and AVFem17) discussion or maybe this match was already excluded, but if not, I want to post it here again. She has a light face, big nostrils, rounded bulky brows (the right one seems to be lighter). She smiles somehow. Ears are undamaged and the right one is very similar. She is a bigger juvenile.

I am pretty sure that she is neither Sabirah nor Eleanor. She seems to be a bit younger. I already posted about her here.

ACP000fbrt / ACP000fbrx

enter image description here

ACP000eqtq / ACP000eqts (here sex unclear)

Posted

• PauDG by PauDG scientist, moderator

Wow, new chimps!!!

I agree that here we have a new juvenile, and I think you are right, they are the same. But I am not sure about the gender.... It is not clear to me that is a female.

Any other opinions about the match (and the gender)?

I ma going to add them as AVJuv13 ( ACP000fbrt) and AVJuv13b ( ACP000eqtq)

Thanks!

Posted

Who is the male with AVJuv13b, Magnus?, Caruso?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Looks like a match to mee too. The protruding muzzle and the wide, thick brows of AVJuv13 and 13b are quite unique.
    I'm not sure about the gender either. Might be a girl but I'm not expert enough.

AS for the male I'd rather say Caruso. He's the one with that round, hairy head and short, straight brows.
    Confirmed Caruso:

Paula, the female with infant following in ACP000eqts I think you can tag as Makena and infant since they are already identified in ACP000eqtu.

Posted

Thanks Boleyn. Makena's tag added 😉 and the next is Sabirah??

Posted

• squish5 by squish5 in response to PauDG's comment.

I like this match. Ear is good, nostrils, cheeky smile and the eyebrows do stand out.

Posted

great!

AnLand, would you like to select a name for the new juvenile?

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to PauDG's comment.

I wasn't so sure about this beeing Sabirah. First I thought it might be Lya but there was no smiling mouth. Now after a closer look I can agree with Sabirah 😃

btw, have you noticed how much Makena's infant has grown? It still has that very bright muzzle - and it's a shoulder rider too 😄

Posted

great Boleyn, thanks.

I am not completely sure about the male. I find Caruso and Magnus very similar. And I can not see in this male from ACP000eqts any notch in the right ear. (could be just the posture ) 😕

Posted

They are quite similar but there are also different traits like their balding, lips and hair color. Overall Magnus is really black while Caruso looks a bit greyish or at least not as black as Magnus. Caruso also seems to be more massive than Magnus.

Caruso's notch in the right ear is in the lower part and in this video the lower part is always in the shadow which makes it impossible to see. The forehead though is sometimes in the sun and therefore I think we should see much more of a shiny balding if it was Magnus. But here we can only see a nondescript balding with still some hair on it.

like here in the Caruso pic well seen:

compared to Magnus's very shiny balding even in the shadow:

Posted

I will think about a name if it's still OK. I really like that kid.

About the male: I already said in the other discussion where I introduced the juvenile that I think it is Caruso. I am not that familiar with him, but that's my first idea and I still think it's rather Caruso than Magnus for the reasons @Boleyn mentioned.

Posted

I think the juvenile that crosses the water after Eleanor in ACP000g4dj and ACP000g4dk is a match to AVJuv13 and 13b. I see the same flat face, bulky rounded brows (the right one sticks out) and the same ears close to the head. Body size fits well, also the big nostrils. The back view is very similar.

I also would agree here that it looks more like a boy. And he is charging a younger juvenile in ACP000g4dl.

Back view of AVJuv13 for comparison (from ACP000fbrt)

Posted

Agree with the juvenile, is AVJuv13 again. I am not that sure about the male...

Posted

Ouch, almost forget the name. I would like to propose: Ussuri

Posted

Thanks AnLand! 😉

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

Nice one! May I ask if this name has a certain meaning? 😃

Posted

He is named after the Ussuri river and landscape - I read a great book some weeks ago "Across the Ussuri Kray. Travels in the Sikhote-Alin Mountains" by Vladimir K. Arsenyev. There is now a great translation into English by Jonathan C. Slaght that is highly recommended! There are some good German language editions, too, if you are interested.

Posted

Sounds interesting, thanks @AnLand, I prefer the English version and added it to my Amazon wish list 😃

Posted

The juvenile in ACP000e40r might also be Ussuri. I see the same bulky and lighter right eyebrow, the same ear and nostrils, size and back view do fit as well.

Posted

I agree AnLand, this is Ussuri

Posted