Chimp & See Talk

**Jemila : possible match to GSFem11 and infant

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

I think that we see GSFem11 and infant also in ACP000ds3o / ACP000ds3p / ACP000dsec / ACP000dsee / ACP000dseg / ACP000dsei / ACP000dqz6. She seems to be older with a gray back, a white beard, slightly rounded "wavy" brows, big nostrils, and a young infant. She also has quite big ears. I think, she is not Vala who appears to be younger. And I also do not see GSFem16 here as her infant is bigger than this one here.

enter image description here

GSFem11

I also think that she is the female with infant in front of the log in ACP000dsdf / ACP000dsdg (with Kiana, Blondie, and Bohr) who is looking into the direction of the camera here.

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Yet another match, I think!
    Have a look at her right brow and right ear: the brow is very angled and the ear has what look like two bumps in it. Both features can be seen in both pics!

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator

I agree with you Anja, you have found GSFem11 and her infant.

also, apart from all the similarities that you guys mention, I have noticed that her back head has a distinctive shape, like "square" or straight:

GSFem11 in ACP000ds5l:

and ACP000dsdg :

I hope you can see it too (I am having problems with my arrows!!).

And Heidi, would you like to give us a name for her? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Hi Nuria, great having you back. Uhmm...about the naming: thanks, but it was Anja's match, not mine ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

yes, but I have already asked Anja for a name in : https://talk.chimpandsee.org/#/boards/BCP000000v/discussions/DCP0002437

Iยดm trying to be fair to everyone...you guys are simply too good matchers!! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

...or would you prefer to give your naming offer away?

Posted

yes please, Nuria, go ahead and ask one of our diligent volunteers, if that's ok with you! I'd like to safe my third naming possibility for a match I make all by myself ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Heidi, this is very nice of you!

what about @charly03 ? you have recently opened your first thread!!! thatยดs amazing and very brave of you, so I would like to ask you for your help again; Would you please give us a name for this beautiful lady ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• charly03 by charly03

Hello NuriaM and Boleyn, I was totally surprised by this nice message. I would like to give her a name.
    I will think of a very nice name and then announce it in the next 1 to 2 days.
    Thank you for choosing me. It makes me very proud that I can do that.

Best regards.

Posted

You deserve it @charly03 ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Take all the time you need, I'm sure it will be a lovely name.

Posted

• charly03 by charly03

Thank you very much. That's sweet.

I have already found a name.

I think it's beautiful. I am glad to be allowed to give him the chimpanzee lady.

Her name should be: Jemila

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator

Beautiful name!

Posted

Well done @charly03, lovely name! Does it have a meaning?

Posted

• charly03 by charly03

I asked my daughter if she knew a nice name for this chimpanzee. She advised me the name Jemila.
    I googled what the name means. It is Arabic and means Beautiful.
    I also thought that she should get that name. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to charly03's comment.

Soooo beautiful! thanks so much to you and to your daughter ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks for the explanation @charly03. You're daughter has an exquisite taste! ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

• charly03 by charly03

Thank you very much. I will do that to my daughter.
    She will be very happy.
    Above all, I am pleased that I was allowed to choose a name for this chimpanzee. Thanks a lot for this. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to charly03's comment.

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Videos ACP000ds3f ACP000ds3g ACP000ds3h ACP000ds3i show Jemila & GSInf11 on the log.

Katie is already identified behind the log so the juvenile in front should be Noel (formerly GSJuv04) as AnLand suggested in ACP000ds3f.

Then we have Jemila again in ACP000dl4b ACP000dl4c ACP000dl4d her features are best seen in ACP000dl4b when she sits down at her usual spot.

Posted

thanks Heidi!

Posted

Jemila and GSInf11 in ACP000dkvr ACP000dkvt ACP000dkvu in front. She's confirmed in ACP000dl4b about 50 minutes later.

In the back we can see Kiana and infant, I think. Loika is in the first clip only.

Posted

I think we have Jemila and infant in ACP000dkvb ACP000dkvd ACP000dkvf ACP000dkvh

She is confirmed about 50 minutes later in the same spot. During the entire series there's Kiana and family in the back I think.

Posted

agreed ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Jemila and barely seen infant GSinf11 in ACP000dl2q together with already confirmed Kiana and family.

Posted

great!

Posted

These clips ACP000dkyr ACP000dkyr ACP000dkyt ACP000dkyu are most likely from the same series as already confirmed (e.g. ACP000dkvh or ACP000dl4b)
    with Jemila and infant and Kiana and infant as well as Loika (disapperaing in the first video).

Posted

yes...series tagged ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

I think we have Jemila and infant behind the log in this unfortunately blurry sequence in ACP000ds0f ACP000ds0h ACP000ds0i
    Jemila's typical brows and in ACP000ds0h we can see the white spot on the infants head.

Then 12 minutes later in ACP000drr1 ACP000drr2 ACP000drr3 she and GSInf11 are in front of the log. I don't know yet who the other adult and the juvenile might be.

Posted

thanks Heidi ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

As for the other two chimps, I was thinking about Hasina and her juvenile (GSInf05). Although itยดs very blurry, her face traits seem to fit. Infantยดs (or juv.) size might fit too...

Hasina in ACP000d6ai :

ACP000drr1 (behind the log):

what do you think?

Posted

Also blurry but still ok for identification I think: Jemila and infant on the log in ACP000ds7v and ACP000ds7w

Posted

Yes, and I think the juvenile could be Noel, but Iยดm not sure ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Sorry, too blurry for me to be sure. :\

Posted

yes, a bit too uncertain, thanks!

Posted

I think we have Jemila and infant on the log and Petra behind. Not sure yet about the one in front. Videos: ACP000drbp ACP000drbq ACP000drbr ACP000drbs
    Jemila is confirmed about 20 minutes later but since we don't see her face clearly I'm not 100% sure. Infant size and back color would fit though.

Posted

Yes, thatยดs Jemila: if you check the videos before in that sequence, you can see the infantยดs white spot clearer in ACP000drid (2 min. later) :

and Jemilaยดs face in ACP000dra6 (7 min. before) :

Posted

As for the other two, I see Petra behind the log in ACP000dra2 too :

and in the video that you mention ACP000drbp :

Posted

I have no clue about the one in front ๐Ÿ˜•

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to NuriaM's comment.

Isn't this GSMale12 or 12b? I am not sure in which seqeunce it fits.

Posted

• NuriaM by NuriaM scientist, moderator in response to AnLand's comment.

yes, could be the GSMale12b sequence, but there is a 14 min. gap between ACP000drid and ACP000drnl where the male in front disappears and then GSMale12b appears from the left in ACP000drlx (18 min. later) .

Letยดs wait for this gap to be filled ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

I think this is Jemila behind the log in ACP000drxx and ACP000drxz

She is confirmed 7 min. later but there's no coverage before so I need confirmation ๐Ÿ˜ƒ Thanks!

Posted

confirmed ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

The chimps behind the log look like Jemila and infant and the three others I think are GSFem17d & GSInf17d , GSJuv08d as confirmed some minutes later.

The series starts at ACP000dr6d ACP000dr6f ACP000dr6i then in ACP000drru and ACP000drry continues in ACP000dshi ACP000dshk ACP000dshl then in ACP000drq0 and ACP000drq0

Edit: @puddock found one more clip from this sequence: ACP000dr8o starting with ACP000dr8j (which was already retired because of 3 blank classifications...) plus ACP000dr8n

Posted

Absolutely!

Posted

Another Jemila video found by @Snorticus ACP000dkre and ACP000dkrg (the second one was already retired because of 3 blank classifications...)

I'm not sure about the family arriving. Could be Kiana but maybe also another family.

Posted

Thank Heidi ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Iยดm not sure if the other family are Kiana and her "rodeo clown" ๐Ÿ˜„ . Itยดs quite hard to tell, but to me Kiana looks more "homely" (sorry!).

We have several famlies with infants and juveniles:

1. Gaia + GSInf01 + GSJuv05

2. Katie + GSInf24 + Noel

3. Blondie + GSInf13 + Fanny

4. Layla + GSInf25 + Jana + Jamie

5. Kiana + GSInf26 + Loika

6. Akilah + GSInf16 + GSJuv06

7. GSFem17 + GSInf17 + GSJuv08

I think I donยดt miss anyone...

Posted

Nice list, that certainly helps! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I checked time and date of the last videos and it seems to be the start of a long Jemila/Kiana-family sequence. At least, that's what we initially identified her. She's staying in the back for a long time. Unfortunately all the videos in this series are a bit blurry and I'm still not 100% sure if it really is Kiana. I need to go through the entire sequence to check things out.

Posted

I have checked the list, and you are right, according to the context and to the time stamp, these videos should be the beginning of the series, right when Kiana enters. It makes sense to me.

thanks!

Posted

These videos ACP000drnv and ACP000drnw are so blurry it's a real pity. Anyway, two of them must be Jemila and infant, because it's the next recorded minute after the confirmed videos ACP000ds7v and ACP000ds7w

Jemila is probably the one on the log, but I'm not sure ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

Posted

it would make sense by context. Letยดs wait for this 7-min. gap to be filled, but I will keep track of them.

thanks ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Nuria, I think it's save to say that we still have Jemila (and infant) behind the log in this sequence: ACP000drdt ACP000drdv ACP000drn7 ACP000drn9 and ACP000ds02

Thanks for confirmation!

Posted

tagged ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Nuria would you please check how many chimps we actually see in this sequence: ACP000drdt (5 confirmed) then

In ACP000drdu and ACP000drdw I think we see 5 as well: between Jemilas right hand and Cleos side there is some movement which can only be from Jemilas infant. In ACP000drdw I can't detect the little one so this would add up to 4.

@midnightsun raised a question about Cleos infant. In the first and third clip it is tagged as GSInf17d. Should we also tag with 17d or with 17 alone since it is always Cleos infant? I tagged the others with GSInf17 but I'm not sure how you want to handle this.

Thanks for checking!

Posted

ACP000drdt I count 5: Jemila and GSInf11, Cleo and GSInf17 and Jamie

ACP000drdu : I still count 5: Jemila behind the log, right, and GSInf11 behind the log, left.

ACP000drdv : idem

ACP000drdw : this one is tricky, we know that there are two guys behind the log (Jemila and her infant) but itยดs hard to tell them apart. For me, this is a 4_chimp 5_chimp case + clarification. Makes sense?

As for GSInf17/d: This series belongs to the formerly called GSFem17d, so I would leave the GSInf17d hashtag, just to be consistent ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Thanks Nuria, GSInf17d tags are corrected.

Posted

๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

In the two sequences ACP000dr79 ACP000dr7a ACP000dr7b and ACP000dr59 ACP000dr5a ACP000dr5b ACP000dr5c we have the same 4 chimps.

I think those are Jemila and GSInf11 behind the log and Katie on the log as well as Noel. All of them have been confirmed here some time earlier on the same day and Jemila also after this occurence. There's no sequence missing in between so the probability that other chimps would have arrived is unlikely.

The next two sequences ACP000drnt ACP000drnu ACP000drnv ACP000drnw and ACP000ds7v ACP000ds7w ACP000ds7x still show Jemila and infant, first behind the log then on it. The first sequence still with Katie, the second only with a juvenile suspected to be Noel. Could be but he looks quite odd in clip ACP000ds7v, maybe the light and hazy quality of the videos?

Posted

yes, I agree

you can see Katieยดs injured right hand in ACP000drnv (sec. 11)

Iยดm sure the juvenile in ACP000ds7v is Noel, apart from the context, all physical traits fit (look at that belly!!).

Thank you Heidi ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

Oh yes, that belly is really worrying me, poor Noel! There should be sign written:

Caution: decaying wood can cause flatulence! ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

LOL!!

run as fast as you can, Jemila!!

Posted

๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ˜„

Posted

The female travelling in ACP000d17d looks like Jemila and infant. Grey back, pointy ear, brows, muzzle and balding just look like her. The infant is still quite small so it would fit as well. I can't see the white spot on its head but the baldness is visible.

Posted

yes ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Posted

The female with the ventral infant passing quickly in ACP000doaq looks like Jemila: grey back, bright brows and muzzle. We can certainly exclude Katie (infant not before July) and Flores (smaller infant) who have grey backs as well but otherwise look totally different. The chimp sitting in the back and leaving in ACP000doar is Petra, no doubt there! All three still need identification. Thanks!

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dsdf Jemila ................................................................ ACP000doaq

ACP000doaq

It definitely is her ear and yes, Petra in background.

Posted

Thank you, Heike, good observation! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I forgot to mention that Jemila has been seen at the nearby feeding log before and after the video in question. So this is one more argument for her.

Posted

In videos ACP000dol0 and ACP000dol1 I think we have again Jemila with her very bald GSInf11: Same traits as in posts above (which also need confirmation) grey back, bright brows and muzzle.

Posted

• lauraklynn by lauraklynn moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

No doubt with Petra, as already established:) and I also concur with Jemila and infant in ACP000doaq

ACP000dol0... is harder, but I could also go with Jemila here

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000dol0 ..................................................................................................................... ACP000dl4b Jemila

I also think it should be her.

Posted