Chimp & See Talk

Aurora and family?

• Boleyn by Boleyn moderator

Video ACP000derw shows a bigger, supposedly female juvenile. I think she might be Aurora but I'm not sure although size would fit I think. The adult female chimp carries a bigger infant with a big tuft. This, her swelling and the constellation tells me it could be Akilah with GSInf16, Here's another b/w video with the confirmed family to compare them to: ACP000dx8r.

Mother and infant in ACP000derw

enter image description here

juvenile

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

Akilah and GSInf16

ACP000derw 28.03.2013 .................................... ACP000dpn9 17.03.2013 .................................. ACP000dp2v 17.03.2013

Aurora

ACP000derw 28.02.2013

ACP000dpnd 17.03.2013

ACP000dx8r 04.06.2013

All seems to fit. sizes of individuals, swellings and tufts. grey back of the mother, bodybuild of the round juvenile. The juvenile seems to have the same profile, hardly seen because of the fluffy long fur around the cheeks making a straight hairline in the profile view. And of course the straight upper earlines of the left ears are the same.
    I´m not sure though wether this is sufficiant for a match, because they are not very good seen. Perhaps we should exclude other females with big infants and round juveniles before we match? 😮)

Posted

Thank you so much Heike for your awesome compilation. The exclusion is exactly what I made before I posted the proposal. I couldn't think of any other female with two offspring of this size.

Maybe we'll get some more opinions?

Posted

• AnLand by AnLand moderator in response to Boleyn's comment.

Cleo with her big infant and Jamie?

Posted

• HeikeW by HeikeW

ACP000d0ms 21.2.13 Cleo fam ........ ACP000dkx4 10.3.13 Cleo ........ ACP000dkxa 10.3.13 Jamie ........... ACP000dlrr 10.3.13 GSInf17

As the facial traits of the juvenile are not clearly seen and Aurora and Jamie both have prominent baldings and long fluffy fur beside the cheeks I think this is again a matter of butts. And I don´t dare excluding one of the families on the base of the images I found. Sorry 😕
    Perhaps sombody else can?

Posted

Thanks, Heike, it's a tough one and it really could be both of the families I think.

Posted

• vittoriaestienne by vittoriaestienne scientist, moderator

I am tempted to assign Video ACP000derw to Cleo. It seems to me that Cleo has a bigger body constitution than Akilah, which matches better the body of the female passing by in that video. Also, Aurora's "sideburns" seem to me longer than Jamie's (see Aurora in video ACP000dpfp vs. Jamie in video ACP000d0ms ). But yes, it's difficult to say for sure..

Posted

I think it's best to leave this untagged because we can't be 100% sure. Thanks Heike and Vittoria for trying!

Posted